Herpes Test & Treatment
Herpes Simplex Virus Type I is generally transmitted through kissing, sharing lip balm and up to 15% of the population test positive without ever having symptoms/cold sores. Herpes Simplex Virus Type II is spread through sexual contact and presents with symptoms including painful genital blisters.
Herpes testing can be done by blood, urine or swabbing any visible blisters.
- Short-notice appointments
- Complete confidentiality the ability to remain anonymous
- Fast turnaround of results (2-4 days)
- Test carried out in an accredited laboratory
Based on your result we can offer advice, support and any necessary treatment.
How It Works
- During your consultation, the practitioner will discuss your concerns
- If appropriate, a visual examination will be done
- Discuss your test method options
We ask patients to phone for their results between 3.30pm and 4.30pm. We can e-mail your results after talking with you.
If the result is positive or of concern, a chargeable telephone consultation will be offered to discuss.
Herpes Type I treatment is usually a topical ointment or antiviral tablets.
Herpes Type II treatment is usually antiviral tablets.
Test costs from £38 (excludes consultation fee of £110)
Treatment/medication costs will be extra.
(When you book your appointment we will ask for a £50 deposit to secure the appointment time. The £50 will be deducted from the cost of your consultation)
“My medical was conducted in detail and I had a thorough check. The doctor listened to me and gave me some extra tips that are helpful. Most impressed.”View more testimonials