Sun damage, Rosacea, Thread Veins Treatments
Many people’s lives are blighted by skin conditions such as rosacea, sun damage, birthmarks, port wine stains and thread veins. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL™) photorejuvenation provides a very effective, non-invasive treatment.
IPL™ technology improves both the superficial and deeper skin layers and rejuvenates them, while delivering beneficial thermal energy to deep tissue. Skin tone is evened out, pigmentation fades and the redness associated with rosacea is reduced.
IPL™ photorejuvenation technology can treat:
- Sun Damage: Pigmentation on the face, chest and arms
- Sunspots: Individual pigmented lesions, also known as age spots
- Rosacea: General inflammation on the cheeks and face
- Spider Veins: Individual vessels, which can be red or purple in colour
The IPL™ system can be applied to any area of the body, including the face, chest, arms and hands, leg treatments are not as effective.
How It Works
You should avoid sun exposure and tanning (including fake tan) prior to treatment.
Prior to your treatment we recommend you book a complimentary consultation with a practitioner. They will discuss your needs, answer any questions and carry out a test patch.
- We recommend you have a Beau Visage™ skin analysis prior to treatment. This will show the areas that need to be targeted
- The treatment is comfortable as various cooling methods keep the light pulses mild and skin-safe
- You will need more than one treatment to obtain best results
After a series of three to six sessions, a significant reduction of unwanted pigmentation will be noticeable. You should also notice the appearance of smoother, revitalised skin.
Prices start from £65
Costs will depend on your specific requirements. This will be discussed at your initial consultation.
(Ask about our savings plan)
(When you book in we will ask for a £50 deposit to secure the appointment time. The £50 will be deducted from the cost of your procedure.)
“When Lyn booked me with Dr McFarlane and said ‘what he doesn’t know about sexual health isn’t worth knowing’ she was right. Thorough assessment, quick test and immediate treatment all in a relaxed, professional manner – Excellent!”View more testimonials