Speech & Language Therapy
Our highly qualified speech and language therapist, Sweta Ramburrun, is HCPC registered and can help both adults and children with a wide variety of speech and language difficulties, including:
- All developmental speech and language delays/disorders – Developing age appropriate receptive (comprehension) and expressive (expression) speech and language
- Specific Language Impairment (including Dyslexia)- Improving acquisition of oral and written language skills in the absence of any physical or cognitive difficulties
- Autism Spectrum Disorder – Addressing the triad of impairments with an aim to promote meaningful communicative interaction
- Bi-lingualism – Facilitating acquisition of an additional language
- Learning Disabilities – Enhancing functional communication for children with additional needs
- All acquired speech and language disorders – Maximising receptive and expressive language following acquired neurological conditions including stroke and brain injury
- Dysphagia – Managing safe eating, drinking and swallowing following acquired neurological conditions including stroke and brain injury
- ENT and Voice – Improving voice following ENT consultation, surgery, head and neck cancer or any other vocal changes
- Mental Health – Addressing disturbances of language comprehension and expression concurrent with mental health difficulties
- Learning Disabilities – Enhancing functional communication for adults with additional needs
How It Works
The initial consultation will be offered free of charge and provides an opportunity to establish a shared knowledge base by raising awareness of speech and language therapy provision.
A discussion to reconcile patient’s expectations with the indicated therapy intervention for a given referral will take place.
This entails assessment, joint goal setting, block of therapy and review (you may choose to take up all or part of the therapy intervention).
Initial Consultation (no longer than 1 hour): Free
Therapy sessions: £60 per hour
“I never imagined being able to open up and discuss so deeply my early life abuse, held back by embarrassment and fear, with Dr Myskow – for the first time ever – I felt completely safe and supported; not judged or disbelieved on any level. I would say she genuinely cares and has helped me immensely”View more testimonials