If you’ve had chicken pox then you are at risk of developing shingles (herpes zoster). YourGP provides the Zostavax vaccine which reduces the risk of getting this painful condition.
Zostavax is for individuals 50 years of age and older. It reduces the risk of reactivation of the varicella zoster virus. It also reduces the extent of symptoms and the severity of the pain associated with the condition.
YourGP provides the vaccine as a short-notice treatment delivered by our trained and experienced team.
- Shingles produces a rash or blister that generally appears on one side of the body
- The virus that causes it is the same one that causes chicken pox. It remains dormant in the body after a person has recovered from chicken pox
- For some people, shingles can cause severe and chronic pain
How It Works
When you come in for your treatment we will take a medical history and discuss the vaccination with you. We’ll then make you as comfortable and calm as possible.
- A fully trained practitioner will give the vaccination
- Zostavax is given as a single dose by an injection under the skin, normally in the upper arm
- We will inform your NHS practice of any vaccination given by us
£240 payment required in full at time of booking.
“Jacqui as 'Master' has made this one of the most relaxing, memorable experiences of my life and I know the course has helped me tremendously with my grief and other issues.”View more testimonials