A private prescription from YourGP offers a quick and easy way to get the medication you need, especially away from home travelling, or on business.
We can provide you with a replacement prescription:
- If you need replacement medication
- If you are on holiday and forgotten or lost your medicine
- We can also advise you on the supply of medication for chronic conditions and provide you with the appropriate prescriptions where feasible
*Prescriptions for controlled drugs will be issued in liaison with your NHS practice where feasible. There is a set fee of £30 for every controlled drug prescription issued.
How It Works
If you need a private prescription you:
- Book a consultation with one of our GPs
- Bring along your empty bottle or old prescription
- The GP will assess your requirements and issue a prescription for you to take to any pharmacy
Once we have assessed your requirements, we will then issue any required prescription.
When you are issued a prescription as part of a consultation, there will be no additional charge (see*).
When you are issued a prescription following a telephone consultation, there will be a £45 charge for the consultation and a £20 prescription fee.
Repeat prescription outwith appointments for regular patients are £20 each. Pharmacist’s fees vary for prescribed medications, these are outwith the control of YourGP
“I was warmly greeted by staff with genuine smiles. The staff made me feel very comfortable and engaged me in conversation about several topics which made waiting pass very pleasantly. I noticed they were proactive in making each person who arrived feel welcome, including the courier.”View more testimonials