Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccination
YourGP provides vaccinations against the human papilloma virus (HPV). This provides protection against problems such as cervical cancer and genital warts.
We provide HPV vaccinations using the GARDASIL® Human Papillomavirus Vaccine. GARDASIL® works when it is given before there is any contact with the relevant HPV types (which can be transmitted through sexual contact). GARDASIL® is for females and males ages 9 to 26. It is not suitable for women who are pregnant.
While it is accepted that all girls should be given the vaccine, boys are currently not on a government programme for HPV vaccine. However, following a serious rise in HPV related cancers in young men, we strongly advise parents immunise their sons as well as daughters. This can be done from the age of 9 and prior to sexual involvement commencing. Depending on the child’s age, a two or three injection course is required.
- GARDASIL® is the only HPV vaccine that helps protect against four types of HPV
- GARDASIL® prevents genital warts caused by HPV
- GARDASIL® Prevents vulval pre-cancers and reduces vaginal pre-cancers caused by HPV
How It Works
When you come in for your treatment we will discuss the vaccination with you and make you as comfortable and calm as possible.
- GARDASIL® is administered as a course of two or three intra-muscular injections in the arm
- After the initial injection two further injections are given after two and six months
- Side effects are not very common with this vaccine and are usually limited to a little redness and soreness at the injection site
- We can inform your NHS practice of any vaccinations given by us
£180 per injection (when booked with Paramedic Practitioner. Additional £50 fee if administered by a Doctor)
(When you book your appointment we will ask for a £50 deposit to secure the appointment. The £50 will be deducted from the cost of your consultation)
“Your customer care which is extremely friendly, relaxed and professional has made all my visits easy and comfortable. Many thanks to Lyndsey and Lyn for your care and understanding in what for me was a difficult time.”View more testimonials