Allergy Testing Service
If you think you are suffering from an allergy, we provide a comprehensive allergy testing service from our clinic in Edinburgh.
The incidence of allergies is on the rise. This is linked to many factors such as air pollution, foreign travel and the increasing complexity of modern life. You may suffer from a runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing and red, itchy patches on the skin, among other symptoms. These are all clear indications of a possible allergy and our testing service will help you get to the root cause.
We are the first private clinic in Scotland to provide a skin prick allergy test, which is available for children aged four and over. One of the great things about this test is that it offers immediate results, so you can leave your appointment with knowledge of the problem and a treatment to resolve it.
How it works
- We will send you a list of instructions with regards to you stopping particular treatments, e.g. anti – histamines, for a set time scale before we can see you for testing.
- A tiny amount of the allergen is spotted onto your forearm and any reaction, usually a small blister with red ‘flare’ patch around the test area, measured. You will leave knowing your result at the end of your appointment. We hold a stock of the most common allergens; please ask if yours is in clinic, if not we require a few days to get the test.
- If your allergy is confirmed, we offer a wide range of aluminium-free allergy treatments from our worldwide recognised, UK based, colleagues at Allergy Therapeutics.
Alternatively, for older children and adults, you can choose to have a full blood draw laboratory test. Like the skin prick test, this method provides quality, reliable results, they just take a little longer to process – approximately two working days.
- Tests are available for over 500 substances ranging from wheat to blomia tropicalis (a tropical mite)
- We give a fast turn-around of results
- In addition to the wide range of individual tests, we also provide tests for groups of the more common allergens
We also provide tests for items that most commonly cause eczema or rhinitis, along with tests for allergy causing products that specifically affect people from the UK, Mediterranean and Middle East.
Skin prick test (individuals aged 4 years and older):
– 0-3 allergens: £10 total + consultation fee of £175
– 4-6 allergens: £15 total + consultation fee of £175
– 7 allergens and more: Price on application
Full blood draw (individuals aged 16 years and older):
From £35 per individual allergen + consultation fee of £100
Or allergy panels from £184.80 + consultation fee of £100
How It Works
If you want to find out more about allergies, or want to get tested for an allergy, use our online booking form to book a consultation, call us on 0131 225 5656 or email our reception team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you book your appointment, we will ask for a £50 deposit to secure the appointment. This will be deducted from the total cost of your consultation.
“Jacqui as 'Master' has made this one of the most relaxing, memorable experiences of my life and I know the course has helped me tremendously with my grief and other issues.”View more testimonials