Nourish your mind, body and soul for Christmas13 November, 2014
Life can be fast-paced and full of stress at the best of times. With Christmas and New Year fast approaching, we can often feel like things are getting on top of us.
Anne Cross, who offers nutrition therapy at YourGP in Edinburgh, knows it’s not only your body you need to nourish, but also your mind. Here’s her top tips to help you reduce some pressure and enjoy a stress-free festive season.
- Try going to bed earlier to get enough rest and sleep. Take the pressure off yourself by looking at ways you can slow down within your life. Constant doing and thinking without enough rest depletes your mind and body’s vital energy. In the past, humans certainly didn’t live a 24/7 lifestyle.
- Moderate exercise, such as walking, jogging and cycling (especially outdoors) will increase endorphins and Vitamin D.
- Do what nourishes you emotionally. Enjoy a cup of tea or lunch and a chat with a friend, or plan a spa day, a massage or a funny, uplifting film. Make time for yourself and your body will thank you.
- A hot bath (even better with Epsom salts or essential oils) or a shower before bed can help you relax.
- Wrap up warmly when you venture out. Cosy up in the evening and light some candles to enjoy the darker nights.
- Take time to reflect on the past few months: where would you like to make some changes? On the job front? Your social life? Your health? Jot down notes about your dreams for your future – these don’t need to be huge.
Want more advice on how to nourish your mind, body and soul through the cold, dark winter months?
In our previous blog post, Anne shared her top 10 nutrition tips to help boost your circulation, immune system, energy and wellbeing.
“I was surprised to meet a GP with such a ready smile and willingness to give me the time I needed. I felt we had a conversation as equals and that she actually heard what I said. A couple of blood tests, a physiotherapy referral and I am better than I have been in a very long time”View more testimonials
Visit us on Facebook and get the latest news and updates from the company.