The simple skin prick allergy test for children21 August, 2018
A runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing and red, itchy patches on the skin are all clear indications of a possible allergy, and no parent wants to see their child suffer these unwelcome symptoms.
Thankfully, you can take action against allergies with a simple test, available at YourGP. The skin prick allergy test is available for children aged four and over, and one of the great things about it is that it offers immediate results, so you can leave your appointment with knowledge of the problem and a treatment to resolve it.
Alternatively, for older children and adults, you can choose to have a full blood draw laboratory test. Like the skin prick test, this method provides quality, reliable results, they just take a little longer to process – approximately two working days.
How it works
- We will send you a list of instructions with regards to you stopping particular treatments, e.g. anti – histamines, for a set time scale before we can see you for testing.
- A tiny amount of the allergen is spotted onto your forearm and any reaction, usually a small blister with red ‘flare’ patch around the test area, measured. You will leave knowing your result at the end of your appointment. We hold a stock of the most common allergens; please ask if yours is in clinic, if not we require a few days to get the test.
- If your allergy is confirmed, we offer a wide range of aluminium-free allergy treatments from our worldwide recognised, UK based, colleagues at Allergy Therapeutics.
Skin prick test (individuals aged 4 years and older):
– 0-3 allergens: £10 total + consultation fee of £175
– 4-6 allergens: £15 total + consultation fee of £175
– 7 allergens and more: Price on application
Full blood draw (individuals aged 16 years and older):
From £35 per individual allergen + consultation fee of £100
Or allergy panels from £184.80 + consultation fee of £100
When you book your appointment, we will ask for a £50 deposit to secure the appointment. This will be deducted from the total cost of your consultation.
If you want to find out more about allergies, or want to get tested for an allergy, use our online booking form to book a consultation, call us on 0131 225 5656 or email our reception team at email@example.com.
“I just want to thank you for listening to me. When you are visiting the UK it can be worrying when you are unwell. You put me at ease and gave me the medical attention I needed.”View more testimonials
Visit us on Facebook and get the latest news and updates from the company.