Take the test: The importance of sexual health screening22 January, 2019
There’s no better time than Valentine’s Day to remind you of the importance of looking after your sexual health and in particular, getting tested for chlamydia – the most common STI in the UK. Many sufferers don’t have any symptoms but if left untreated it can lead to infertility.
Too embarrassed to make an appointment? There’s no need to be. YourGP prides itself on providing a relaxed, non-judgemental environment where you can discuss any sexual health concerns in the strictest of confidence.
What happens at a sexual health screening appointment?
- When you arrive, our clinician will discuss the history of your symptoms and concerns. You will be advised of all costs and expected result times at your appointment.
- The necessary swabs, blood or urine samples will be taken. We ask that you do not pass urine for two hours before your appointment.
- Your samples will be couriered directly to our laboratory, Monday – Saturday, allowing for the quickest possible result time.
- You can then call for your results between 3:30pm and 4:30pm, and we can email your results to you if you prefer.
- Any positive result can be treated, or in the case of HIV, be managed by our team.
It’s as simple as that. So don’t put it off any longer, book your test now.
Prices start from £135 and this includes the consultation fee. Please be aware that any treatment / medication required will cost extra.
“The facilities and patient service are second to none. The treatment I received for my eczema was innovative, holistic and most importantly highly effective. My skin has responded to the treatment I was prescribed. I am delighted with the resultant, significant reduction in my symptoms. I was impressed by the caring, sensitive and professional treatment I received. This was in stark contrast to my experience at my usual GP and at private consultations with supposedly eminent and specialist dermatologists. Thank you.”View more testimonials
Visit us on Facebook and get the latest news and updates from the company.