Syphilis Test & Treatment
Syphilis is a bacterial infection transmitted through sexual activity. Infection can produce a painless and non-itchy rash and flu-like symptoms.
If left undiagnosed or untreated Syphilis can lead to heart and brain damage.. If you feel you have been exposeds, or have any of the symptoms, you should consider getting tested.
A Syphilis test at YourGP offers:
- Short-notice appointments
- Blood testing routinely with swab option for a lesion
- Complete confidentiality and the ability to remain anonymous
- Rapid results – next working day in most cases
- Test carried out in an accredited laboratory
If you receive a positive result we are able to discuss treatment options, offer advice, support and any necessary treatment including referral.
How It Works
During your consultation, the practitioner will discuss your sexual history and take the appropriate sample on what is most appropriate.
- Where appropriate a follow up telephone consultation will be arranged to discuss a positive or result of concern
We ask patients to phone for their results between 3.30pm and 4.30pm. We can e-mail your results after talking with you.
Treatment for syphilis is usually antibiotics.
£110 (sexual health consultation fee)
Testing from £35
(When you book your appointment we will ask for a £50 deposit to secure the appointment time. The £50 will be deducted from the cost of your consultation).
“I was warmly greeted by staff with genuine smiles. The staff made me feel very comfortable and engaged me in conversation about several topics which made waiting pass very pleasantly. I noticed they were proactive in making each person who arrived feel welcome, including the courier.”View more testimonials