Position: Office Junior/Receptionist
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: Part-time, Temporary
YourGP is a prestigious private GP practice based in the picturesque Dean Village area of Edinburgh.
We offer a wide range of services, including but not limited to GP consultations, sexual health, complementary therapies, occupational health, cosmetic treatments, childhood vaccinations and travel health. Our approach is one that focuses on treating each patient with the highest possible level of clinical care and at the same time providing a friendly and reassuring experience.
We are currently looking to recruit an Office Junior/Receptionist on a temporary basis to support the existing team over the busy summer months. This position would be for 2-3 months, so would suit a student looking for work over the summer holiday before returning to their studies in mid-late September. We are looking for part-time hours, ideally around 24 hours per week, on a rota basis, over 3 days, however we could be flexible on that for the right candidate. There may be scope for future work, however this is not guaranteed.
The role would be varied, fast-paced and require the successful candidate to be resourceful and able to think on their feet. The main duties will be to support the reception team and Practice Manager in a range of different tasks. The duties/responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Take phone calls and serve patients face-to-face at the front desk
- Scan documentation and manage paperwork efficiently and in line with YourGP policies and GDPR
- Assist with general housekeeping and ensuring patients are provided with tea, coffee or water in a timely manner
- Take payments from customers as required
- Ensure all relevant external and internal mail is dealt with promptly and efficiently
- Monitor stock levels of office/general supplies and place orders as required
The ideal candidate will be proactive and possess great communication skills, as well as the following:
- IT literate and able to use office applications and printer/scanner confidently
- Excellent people skills and comfortable dealing with customers
- Previous office/reception experience
If you feel you have the ability and the drive to succeed at an innovative and forward-thinking company then we’re interested in hearing from you.
To apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.